Bespoke stretches and advice are part of the service we offer to our patients at Creative Chiropractic and stretching is a great way to compliment the treatments we provide at the Practice as well as additional benefits, including:
- Helps improve range of motion by lengthening tight muscles and increasing blood and nutrient supply to them.
- Calm the mind, allowing your emotions and body to recharge.
The best time to stretch is after activity or exercise as your muscles are warmer and will lengthen easier.
These short and snappy videos are designed to help you do these simple but effective stretches correctly…
Stretch #1 Neck
This stretch is great for loosening muscles and relieving tension within the neck and shoulders and can help improve the range of motion within the neck…
Our Senior Massage Therapist, Serena performing a fantastic stretch. Don’t wish for it. Work for it! Always seek advice from your GP if you have any concerns before undertaking these stretches.
How to do it:
- Stand with feet hip width apart, keeping shoulders down and relaxed.
- Slowly tilt your right ear towards your right shoulder, using your right hand to gently encourage this movement.
- Hold comfortably for 5 seconds and repeat on the left side.
- Repeat on both sides 3 times.
- Try gradually increasing the hold to 15-20 seconds.
Stretching shouldn’t cause undue pain, shortness of breath or dizziness. Please seek advice from your GP if you have any concerns before undertaking these stretches.