Bespoke stretches and advice are part of the service we offer to our patients at Creative Chiropractic and stretching is a great way to compliment the treatments we provide at the Practice as well as additional benefits, including:
- Helps improve range of motion by lengthening tight muscles and increasing blood and nutrient supply to them.
- Calm the mind, allowing your emotions and body to recharge.
The best time to stretch is after activity or exercise as your muscles are warmer and will lengthen easier.
These short and snappy videos are designed to help you do these simple but effective stretches correctly…
Stretch #2 Lunge
The lunge is a great way to stretch out the hip, thigh muscles and the groin. It can aid posture, enhance balance and increase lower back mobility…
Our Massage Therapist, Jess, performing a fantastic stretch. Slow progress is better than no progress!
How to do it:
- Stand up straight with your feet hip width apart.
- Step forward with your right leg, landing heel first and bending at the right knee. Your left heel should be off the floor and knee slightly dropped. The knee of the forward leg should be directly over your ankle, not beyond it.
- Hold the lunge for 10 seconds, push up through the right leg and step back into starting position.
- Repeat on both sides 5 times.
- For a deeper stretch, step further forward, keep back leg straight and sink hips towards the floor.
Attention: Ensure you stay upright and the foot of the trailing leg is facing forward and not to one side.
Stretching shouldn’t cause undue pain, shortness of breath or dizziness. Please seek advice from your GP if you have any concerns before undertaking these stretches.