Bespoke stretches and advice are part of the service we offer to our patients at Creative Chiropractic and stretching is a great way to compliment the treatments we provide at the Practice as well as additional benefits, including:
- Helps improve range of motion by lengthening tight muscles and increasing blood and nutrient supply to them.
- Calm the mind, allowing your emotions and body to recharge.
The best time to stretch is after activity or exercise as your muscles are warmer and will lengthen easier.
These short and snappy videos are designed to help you do these simple but effective stretches correctly…
Stretch #3 Glutes
This stretch helps loosen tightness found in the glutes, IT band, hips and lower back…
Our Senior Massage Therapist, Serena performing a fantastic stretch. It’s not about having time it’s about making time!
How to do it:
- Sit on the floor with legs extended.
- Bend your right leg and cross your right foot over your left leg, with the right foot outside the left knee.
- Pull your right knee with your left elbow. Place your right hand on the floor behind you, keeping your back straight.
- Hold for 30 seconds, slowly untwist and repeat 3 times on each side.
This stretch should be completed daily.
Attention: Ensure you stay upright and the foot of the trailing leg is facing forward and not to one side.
Stretching shouldn’t cause undue pain, shortness of breath or dizziness. Please seek advice from your GP if you have any concerns before undertaking these stretches.