Bespoke stretches and advice are part of the service we offer to our patients at Creative Chiropractic and stretching is a great way to compliment the treatments we provide at the Practice as well as additional benefits, including:
- Helps improve range of motion by lengthening tight muscles and increasing blood and nutrient supply to them.
- Calm the mind, allowing your emotions and body to recharge.
The best time to stretch is after activity or exercise as your muscles are warmer and will lengthen easier.
These short and snappy videos are designed to help you do these simple but effective stretches correctly…
Stretch #4 Triceps
This triceps stretch targets the triceps, one of the major muscles within the arms. It can help with your range of motion and reducing muscle fatigue from activities such as golf, racket sports and upper body weight training…
Our Massage Therapist, Jess performing a fantastic stretch… The body achieves what the mind believes!
How to do it:
- Stand with legs hip width apart. Raise your right arm behind your head and bend at the elbow, resting your right hand just behind the neck (palm against your body).
- Hold your right elbow with your left hand and gently pull your elbow towards your head.
- Breathe deeply and hold for 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat on each side 3 times.
This stretch should be completed daily.
Attention: Stop the stretch if there is any increase in your shoulder pain.
Stretching shouldn’t cause undue pain, shortness of breath or dizziness. Please seek advice from your GP if you have any concerns before undertaking these stretches.