Bespoke stretches and advice are part of the service we offer to our patients at Creative Chiropractic and stretching is a great way to compliment the treatments we provide at the Practice as well as additional benefits, including:
- Helps improve range of motion by lengthening tight muscles and increasing blood and nutrient supply to them.
- Calm the mind, allowing your emotions and body to recharge.
The best time to stretch is after activity or exercise as your muscles are warmer and will lengthen easier.
These short and snappy videos are designed to help you do these simple but effective stretches correctly…
Stretch #6 Hamstrings
The hamstrings are the muscles along the back of the thigh that help us to walk, run, sit and stand, so this Stretch is great for both the active and those that lead a more sedentary lifestyle. This is a great hamstring stretch for the active and the more desk bound. Hamstring flexibility is important for the health and flexibility of your back, hips and knees.
Our Massage Therapist, Jess, performing a fantastic stretch… Healthy isn’t a goal, it’s a way of living!
How to do it:
- Lay flat on the floor.
- Bring your left leg into your chest and extent your heel upwards.
- Hold under your left knee and gently pull towards your body. Hold here for 10 seconds and release slowly.
- Repeat three times on each side.
This stretch should be completed daily.
Attention: Stop this stretch if you develop signs of increasing pain in your groin.
Stretching shouldn’t cause undue pain, shortness of breath or dizziness. Please seek advice from your GP if you have any concerns before undertaking these stretches.