Bespoke stretches and advice are part of the service we offer to our patients at Creative Chiropractic and stretching is a great way to compliment the treatments we provide at the Practice as well as additional benefits, including:
- Helps improve range of motion by lengthening tight muscles and increasing blood and nutrient supply to them.
- Calm the mind, allowing your emotions and body to recharge.
The best time to stretch is after activity or exercise as your muscles are warmer and will lengthen easier.
These short and snappy videos are designed to help you do these simple but effective stretches correctly…
Stretch #7 Shoulders
This stretch is great for loosening the shoulder muscles and improving mobility and range of movement in the arms. Really good for people that play a lot of racket sports and work at a computer daily.
Our Senior Massage Therapist, Serena, performing a fantastic stretch… The body achieves what the mind believes!
How to do it:
- Sit comfortably on a straight-backed chair or stand with knees slightly bent.
- Raise left arm across your body to shoulder height, slightly bend arm at elbow.
- Pull elbow with right arm gently
- Hold for 20-30 seconds on each side.
- Repeat 3 times on each arm.
This stretch should be completed daily.
Attention: Stop this stretch if there is any increase in your shoulder pain
Stretching shouldn’t cause undue pain, shortness of breath or dizziness. Please seek advice from your GP if you have any concerns before undertaking these stretches.