Reflexology has been around for thousands of years and is a complementary therapy that involves pressure to various points on the feet or hands. These reflex points are believed to be linked to every organ, gland or system of the body. There are detailed maps which refer to specific reflexology points on the feet.
Feet and hands mirror our lives and it is through Reflexology, an ancient Chinese technique of working reflex points, that the journey unfolds.
How can Reflexology help with Depression?
The art of Reflexology lies within the skill and sensitivity of the Practitioner. Being able to feel the quality of each and every reflex point is a great skill that takes experience, sensitivity and care.
Many studies revealed that foot reflexology could reduce pain and psychological distress like depression and anxiety. This body work relieves symptoms of depression as it stimulates particular pressure points/nerve endings in the feet and/or hands. In turn, this:
- Eliminates buildup of toxins in the body
- Encourages the flow of blood to body organs
- Activates the endocrine system
- De-congests energy pathways for optimum nervous system function
- Induces relaxation states
- Encourages the release of endorphins; the natural feel-good hormones in the body that can minimise the body’s stress response.
Further benefits of Reflexology
Reflexology is not a diagnosis or cure but its benefits are cumulative. If the body has time to relax regularly then it has more opportunities to heal itself and Reflexology has shown to be effective and assist self-healing in conditions such as, but not limited to:
- Anxiety and stress disorder
- Joint pain and joint mobility
- Breathing disorders (e.g. Asthma)
- Sleep deprivation and insomnia
- Problems with digestion (e.g. IBS)
- Frozen shoulder
- Thyroid problems
- Plantar Fasciitis
Visit Association of Reflexologists to learn more about Reflexology.
Consultation & first treatment | 1 hour | £42.00
Treatment | 1 hour | £42.00
Treatment | 30 minutes | £27.00
NEW Taster Treatment | 30 minutes | £20.00
Ready to experience total relaxation?
Call the reception team on 01328 854325 to book or click here to send an email to: email@example.com.